Thursday, March 22, 2007

Comments of Travellers on My Tho


Mekong Delta
I took the 1 day tour of the Mekong from Saigon Tourist. They offer a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day tour. Having taken the 1 day tour I would recommend at least 2 or 3 days. If you take the 4 or 5 day tour you may stay extra days in their hotels in the delta. Our tour went to My Tho and then by boat out into the delta. There was a lot of beautiful scenery and as always a lot of beautiful people.

Pier and the Woman
After lunch we were left for a time to explore the area. Pier, Luca and I walked down the road and over a bridge. Then along a road that was getting muddier and muddier. It was very hot and a woman came out of her home and invited us in for tea. Because we looked at her chickens she went in and brought out the family dinner, she thought we were hungry. Pier asked me why I love Vietnam so much and I told him it is because this is the culture and the people, to see someone hot and offer them a drink, or see them hungry and give them food. Something very Biblical about that.

No comments: